Caernarfon Town FC
Caernarfon Town Football Club is a Welsh football club based in Caernarfon, Gwynedd. The club is nicknamed "the Canaries" because of its yellow and green strip, a nickname that dates from 1895. Caernarfon Town plays at The Oval.
The first football club in Caernarfon, known as Caernarvon Wanderers, was formed in September 1876 and played at various grounds before moving to the Oval in 1888. On 30 October 1886, Wanderers were the first team from north west Wales to enter the FA Cup and lost 10–1 away to Stoke. Five years later, however, that particular club went out of existence but, in 1894, several former players began a new team called Carnarvon Ironopolis. That club competed in the North Wales Coast League, winning the championship on two occasions and reaching the semi-final of the Welsh Cup in 1900 and again in 1902. Unfortunately, following a dispute with the league, Ironopolis folded in 1903. The demise of the club resulted in some of the players forming the Caernarvon Celts while others affiliated to the Caernarvon RWF (Royal Welsh Fusiliers), both clubs playing at the Oval.