Elgin City Football Club (also known as City or The Black and Whites) are a Professional senior football club based in Elgin, Moray. They currently compete in the Scottish Professional Football League in Scottish League Two.
The present Elgin City club was formed on 10 August 1893 by the amalgamation of two Elgin sides, Rovers (Formed 1887) and Vale of Lossie (Founded 1888). However the name Elgin City was used by two clubs prior to this. The first was formed in October 1879, but lasted for only a short time. The second Elgin City was formed in October 1884 and lasted till early 1887. The present club's first major honour came in the 1898–99 season when they became the first team outside Inverness to win the North of Scotland Cup, beating Clachnacuddin 2–1. However, they failed to record any more success aside from the Elgin District Cup until 1924 when they again won the North of Scotland Cup a second time. Since then they have won honours with relative frequency. In 1968 the club reached the quarter-finals of the Scottish Cup, the furthest into the tournament that a Highland League club has ever progressed.
Elgin City have played at Borough Briggs since 1921 when it replaced Cooper Park. The ground currently has a capacity of 4,520 (478 seated) and is the most northerly football league ground in the United Kingdom.